Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
About the Role
As a Deployment Lead, you will be accountable for integrations and launches with all of our retail partners. You will build effective partnerships with our customers' Operations, Merchandising, and leadership teams to drive the success of our end-to-end deployments. You will also build relationships with the in-store produce managers, training them to use the Afresh operating system to write great orders! Internally, you'll lead our integrations cross-functionally and contribute to the playbook for our team so we can continue to perform successful deployments with future customers and in future departments at an even larger scale.
You have customer-facing experience, are structured and have strong project management skills, and love driving projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; you are excited to reduce fresh food waste in the grocery industry, too!
- Lead and execute successful integrations with our partners
- Deeply understand our customers' operations and how the Afresh solution maps to these to provide maximum value
- Create detailed, actionable implementation plans that enable both Afresh and our customers to understand and execute on the full scope of our deployment processes
- Build trusted relationships with our partners’ point people including project management, store teams, operation leads, and executive teams
- Lead cross-functional work across Afresh's teams to manage the deployment process and build consensus, including work with our Executive, Engineering, Product, Support, Customer Success, and Sales teams
- Serve as the liaison between Afresh’s teams and our partners
- Capture learnings and best practices from deployment efforts to create a sustainable, replicable playbook for future deployments
- Identify and implement ways to improve Afresh & our team’s processes as we build our work together
Skills and Experience
The following represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 5+ years experience managing client relationships
- 3+ years experience in product implementations/deployments (SaaS preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Experience in grocery or retail industry preferred
- Experience in sales and sales processes preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and Tableau or other dashboarding tools
- Exceptional project management skills to keep multiple complex projects spanning many external and internal stakeholders on track simultaneously
- Self-reliance to source answers within potentially ambiguous circumstances
- Effective cross-functional collaboration
- Understanding of customer business processes, and ability to utilize expertise and appropriate product functionalities to address customer issues
- Commercial mindset that allows you to understand and act on what our customers care about most
- Customer empathy and ability to build meaningful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders at our customers
- Open to travel (up to 25%)
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.
Something looks off?