Data Engineer - Junior
Job Title: Data Engineer – Junior
Location: US (only accepting US citizens)
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Technology
Salary range: $75-100k
Ancient Nutrition is rooted in our founders’ own personal health journeys and a desire to make history’s most powerful superfoods accessible to everyone. But what started as a mission to create high-quality supplements – ones informed by ancient wisdom, backed by modern science and that the world had never seen before – has grown into a steadfast commitment to transform the way we grow our food.
Because growing the world’s most nutrient-dense superfoods requires the healthiest soil possible and conventional farming is harming both the planet and its people. That’s why we’re on a much larger mission to restore our farmlands and heal our planet through organic regenerative farming practices that give back to the Earth – not just take from it– leaving it better than we found it for future generations to thrive.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer who is passionate about data in all areas of the business. Reporting directly into the Director of Technology, the ideal candidate will have experience building data pipelines, designing data models, and creating reports in a CPG environment. This role provides the opportunity to work with stakeholders across the company (Finance, Retail Sales, Ecommerce, and Customer Service) to translate their ideas into meaningful datasets and visualizations. This person will play a critical role in building our data warehouse, expanding our analytics capability and, as a result, driving our overall performance as a business.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with key leaders across the business to document and understand their data and analytics needs
- Manage data and reporting requests via the technology ticketing system
- Build new ETL solutions and maintain existing integrations for loading data from various platforms into our PostgreSQL database
- Design new data models in our existing data warehouse for specific reporting requests
- Optimize the performance of the PostgreSQL database by implementing efficient data structures
- Design pipelines to automate manual business processes across all areas of the business including Finance, Retail Sales, Ecommerce, and Customer Service
- Build and publish Tableau data sources that serve as a central source of truth for the entire company
- Build new Tableau reports and make updates to existing reports for stakeholders across the business
- Work alongside the BI Strategy team to ensure data and reporting accuracy in Tableau reporting and ad-hoc analyses
- Assist the Technology team with various technology requests
- 1+ years experience as a Data Engineer (or similar field)
- Must be proficient in SQL and have experience with relational database architecture
- Must have developer skills in data visualization tools such as Tableau (recommended), Data Studio, or Looker
- Knowledge of ETL tools and data integration
- Experience analyzing ERP Financial and eCommerce data in a CPG environment
- Ability to present technical concepts/analyses to a non-technical audience
- Ability to extract, analyze and model relevant data from various data sources
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You work well in a team environment.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast-growing company things can change last minute.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player.
- Run to win the race – do everything with excellence
- Committed to constant growth – refine and improve self and work daily
- Take ownership – take initiative
- Be a purpose driven leader/team player – be reliable and responsible
- Fight for one another and others – play as a team and works well with others
Benefits + Culture
Work is about what you do, not where you do it. Ancient Nutrition has many team members located near Nashville, TN but we are a fully remote company and are able to hire from across the US. Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, but fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited Paid Time Off is a given for salary employees and a generous amount of paid time off accrual for hourly employees, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products.
If you feel this role is meant for you, write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! We really do read them!