Territory Sales Manager- Houston
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Full time
Reports to: Kenny Phillips
At Ancient Nutrition, we have a clear goal: harness history’s most powerful superfoods to help fill the gaps in the everyday diet. But who we are goes beyond supplements. We embrace our responsibility to the planet by leading the revolution of regenerative agriculture. We’re dedicated to forward-thinking methods that foster richer soil, cleaner air, and ultimately – healthier ingredients.
Through regenerative methods, we can create supplements with the power to transform your health. We can change the way we grow food. And together, we can save the world with superfoods.
The Natural Territory Sales Manager is responsible for providing best-in-class customer experience for retailers and consumers, while executing sales strategies as directed. This position is accountable to build and strengthen sales performance and gaining market share within assigned accounts, working cross functionally with other team members in an evolving consumer landscape.
- 5+ years outside/inside Sales Experience or a similar field - Natural channel preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Must be proficient in Google products such as Slides, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Gmail & Drive
- Must be proficient in virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and Google Meet, or similar
- Must be willing to travel in assigned territory
- Must possess powerful interpersonal, organizational, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience with HEB or other Texas chains preferred
- Understanding and experience with Distributors, Wholesalers preferred
- Must possess ability to analyze sales data and category trends to execute effective sales presentations
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Present, sell, and merchandise promotions and seasonal deals to deliver territory sales and profit targets
- Successfully introduce and launch new items in assigned account list
- Ensure our top products are on shelf, and appropriate discounts are passed
- Ensure retailers are educated on top selling and new items on each store visit
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key decision makers to help elevate the brand in each store
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to ensure organizational efficiency and success
- Provide feedback from retail on the effectiveness of selling programs, and initiatives to management
- Provide store level support for demos, engagement with consumers, grand openings, and other in-store events as needed
- Ensure appropriate store coverage by reviewing store list, and building an efficient route
- Merchandise retail locations as needed with signage, coupons, section rebuilds, etc
- Manage expenses appropriately and within budget
- Process orders, returns, credit memos and other service needs as required
- Review daily reports to ensure tracking performance to goals and targets
- Strategic Thinking and Teamwork is a must!
- Strong leadership skills – must have the capacity to be resilient and disciplined in the face of adversity and challenges
- Able to maintain a holistic view of the business outside of direct channel responsibility
- Strong communication skills – adapt to the situation, including being an excellent listener
- Leads, demonstrates supports company culture (i.e.: positive spirit, can do attitude, helpful)
- Travel within assigned territory may be required and supported with appropriate reimbursement
- Run to win the race – do everything with excellence
- Committed to constant growth – refine and improve self and work daily
- Take ownership – take initiative
- Be a purpose driven leader/team player – be reliable and responsible
- Fight for one another and others – play as a team and works well with others
Benefits + Culture
Work is about what you do, not where you do it. Ancient Nutrition has many team members located near Nashville, TN but we are a fully remote company and are able to hire from across the US. Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, but fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited Paid Time Off is a given for salary employees and a generous amount of paid time off accrual for hourly employees, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products.
If you feel this role is meant for you, write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! We really do read them!