Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Attentive® is the leader in conversational commerce, reinventing business to consumer communication. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 8,000 leading brands like CB2, Urban Outfitters, Crocs, Jack in the Box, and Coach rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
Our engineering department consists of 200+ people across multiple teams, such as application development, infrastructure, data platform, machine learning, and security. We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data-driven decision-making.
You will join a newly formed team of Engineers working to develop and enhance our marketing platform by automating the everyday marketer task’s by leveraging machine learning.
This role does require a hybrid workplace model of onsite in our SF office Tuesday -Thursday.
Why Attentive needs you
- You understand how to collaborate with Product Management to meet the user’s needs without sacrificing quality or accruing tech debt. You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger-scale changes
- You build amazing consumer experiences, taking responsibility for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- You are a skilled front-end leaning engineer, with at least 5yrs+ of web development and front-end experience in modern frameworks like React
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL, Node, REST APIs and other fullstack tech
- You have a knack for delivering successfully on complex UI/UX challenges without compromising quality and speed
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons
- 8,000 brands powered by Attentive sent over 1.6 billion text messages over Cyber Week 2022 (Black Friday/Cyber Monday) representing a growth of 41% from 2021
- We sent 24 billion SMS messages in 2022. That’s an average of 50 million per day
- Our production cluster contains over 9,000 containers which serve 170+ services
- Our streaming services process over 28 billion events per month
What we use
- We use a wide variety of technology and we’re always looking for the best solutions to solve hard problems.
- Our backend is Java / Spring Boot microservices, built with Gradle, coupled with things like DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, Postgres, Planetscale, and Redis, hosted via AWS.
- Our frontend is built with React and TypeScript, and uses best practices like GraphQL, Storybook, Radix UI, Vite, esbuild, and Playwright
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $146,400 - $219,600 (Senior Software Engineer I) and $168,800 - $253,000 (Senior Software Engineer II) annually.
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Speed is our best offense and defense
Never Settle - Continuously raise the bar for yourself and your teammates
Hard Work Solves Big Problems - Success requires grit and resilience
Be Attentive - Work together as a team to drive greatness for our company and our customers
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
See more open positions at Attentive
Something looks off?