Director, Mid Market Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, Urban Outfitters, GUESS, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, and Wyndham Resort, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We are looking for a proven sales leader with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive team performance and sales for our Mid-Market and SMB sales teams. You will formulate and execute a strategy to maximize business growth. The Director is fully responsible for developing and managing the team to generate revenue and achieve individual team and organizational quotas. The ideal candidate will be a driven and passionate individual with a background in selling a technology platform and managing/building a team in a very competitive marketplace.
As a Director, MidMarket Sales at Attentive, you will be an integral part of the Sales leadership team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Mid-Market Sales.
Why Attentive needs you
- Provide timely and accurate weekly forecasts across MidMarket and SMB Sales Teams
- Drive evolution of sales process to multi-product focus through collaboration with Product Marketing & Enablement
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency in our sales process and maximize AE/Manager scorecard outcomes, create alignment on key growth areas by evolving KPIs and compensation for AEs
- Collaborate with other cross functional leaders to drive key outcomes, including: Sales Development, Partnerships, Relationship Management, Solutions & Sales Engineering, Enablement, Marketing, Deal Enablement & Revenue Operations
- Enable managers to coach and lead their team with data and insights on opportunities for improvement and to identify growth opportunities for top performing AEs
- Identify key areas to evolve the org in systems and process through quarterly projects across management team
- 3+ years sales management experience, 7+ years in a closing sales role
- Experience working in a SaaS, MarTech, AdTech or startup preferred
- Demonstrated strong competency around objection handling and creating alignment around product price/value
- Analytical account development strategy, using data to find opportunities and prove value
- Ability to think strategically about a customer’s goals and drive renewal and expansion opportunities through to close independently
- Experience managing the sales cycle across Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to define processes and build strategy
- Demonstrated experience consistently meeting and exceeding quota, with references
- Email sales experience nice to have
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000 - $180,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.