Senior Data Scientist, Supply Chain
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Data Scientist, Supply Chain to join our Data Science and Machine Learning team to work on supply chain challenges. In this role, you will be the team leader in ML applications to supply chain problems. Specifically, you will continue to improve our demand forecasting algorithm and introduce its next iteration, which should enable more portfolio management capabilities. You will act as the liaison between Data Science and supply chain/operations teams to identify high-impact opportunities and translate them into machine learning problems. If you get excited about forecasting, simulations, and linear optimization with a passion for business impact, then this role is for you!
What you’ll do:
- Work with our supply chain and operations teams to identify our most pressing needs and develop end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Develop ML-based demand forecasting and portfolio management tools to support supply chain optimization, inventory management, and demand forecasting
- Work closely with the supply and operations teams to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for optimization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement data-driven solutions that drive operational efficiency and improve the customer experience
- Design and develop statistical and machine learning models to forecast demand and optimize inventory levels
- Build simulations to help stakeholders understand the risks of various decisions
- Identify and quantify risks in the supply chain and develop strategies to mitigate them
- Stay current with the latest developments in supply chain analytics and contribute to the company's thought leadership in this area
- Lead and mentor junior data scientists and analysts
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a data science or supply chain analytics role
- Deep focus on business impact and efficiency
- Strong hands-on experience with at least two demand forecasting methods (e.g., ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing, Probabilistic Forecasting, Bayesian Forecasting, etc.)
- Hands-on familiarity with various demand forecasting libraries (e.g., GluonTS, STAN, NeuralForecast, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience with linear programming and linear optimization (e.g., linear programing, mixed-integer linear programming, network optimization, etc.)
- Hands-on experience building simulations either from scratch or using libraries such as PySim
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail. An uncanny ability to take supply chain and other operations challenges and turn them into machine learning projects
- Experience with our data stack: SQL, Python, dbt, Airflow, and Fivetran. Familiarity with the Google Cloud Platform ecosystem is helpful (e.g., BigQuery, VertexAI, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience leading and mentoring junior data scientists and analysts
- Passionate about setting up and improving team processes around coding standards, MLOps, project management, and knowledge transfer
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $160k-$190k. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.
Something looks off?