Manager, Strategic Finance
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Manager of Strategic Finance to join our team. The Strategic Finance team at Daily Harvest prepares analyses, financial forecasts, and reporting packages to help drive key decision-making across the organization.
The team leads the annual budget process, tracks performance against budget and updates forecasts throughout the year, and prepares materials to communicate business results to the leadership team and external stakeholders. The Strategic Finance function also supports long-range financial planning. This Manager will oversee revenue, COGS, and LTV modeling and be a strategic partner to our Operations and Culinary Innovation teams.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Company’s full financial model, with a focus on subscription revenue, LTV and unit economics
- Participate in annual budgeting, near-term forecasting, and long-range planning
- Build, maintain, and improve financial reporting processes to measure, track, and communicate results against expectations
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to prepare annual budgets and update expectations throughout the year
- Track and analyze performance against budget, using data-driven insights to help functions make decisions
- Partner with Accounting to understand financial drivers and resolve any discrepancies in reporting
- Prepare recurring + ad-hoc materials for the leadership team and external stakeholders (e.g. monthly reporting, quarterly board decks, annual budget presentation)
- Be an advocate for financially-driven decision making across the organization
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience in FP&A/Strategic Finance, with preference for experience at a high-growth subscription start-up
- A relevant bachelor’s degree with a strong academic track record
- Mastery of financial modeling in Excel and a solid base in both accounting + finance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- The attitude of a team player, possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $105,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment