Manager, Shopper Marketing
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating to chart new territory. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Are you someone who walks grocery aisles for fun, looking at how brands show up and bring a unique voice? Do you get giddy about helping shoppers discover a new brand? Do you thrive on optimizing trial and repeat by tapping into unique retail customer insights and tools? Well, come join us already! Daily Harvest is looking for a Grocery Shopper Marketing Manager to join our team, reporting directly into the CSO.
This hire will be a crucial partner to help Daily Harvest deliver an incredible consumer experience from first brand exposure, through initial trial, to getting on repeat in shoppers’ grocery lists. You will be responsible for developing Shopper Marketing channel strategies, collaborating internally and externally to bring brand-driven assets, concepts, and tactics to life in-market. Our Shopper Marketer will also help create a self-serve toolkit, custom design and messaging for targeted partners, and manage the budget to bring it all together with strong ROI.
What you’ll do:
- Translate national brand marketing pillars and assets into winning shopper programs that drive velocities
- Partner across marketing and directly with our Grocery team to launch Daily Harvest into new retailers with successful tactics including pre-shop, in-store and repeat driving measures.
- Deliver hands-on communication, relationship-building, and selling to key accounts. Bring retailer-specific awareness for how to best navigate challenging situations and be the retailer’s favorite shopper call of the week because you drive their business AND bring the fun.
- Cross-functionally co-create and maximize a turnkey shopper toolkit to help our third-party partners deliver strong velocities at our retailers
- Partner with our grocery team to hit or exceed annual revenue targets inside your budget.
- Use consumer and shopper insights to identify trends and opportunities to shape the future of all format shopper marketing
- Use market level data to drive scale and optimization of marketing activities to develop our focus markets, customer behaviors, market segments, and competitive landscapes
- Establish benchmarks upon which to evaluate the efficacy and efficiency of tailored promotion & marketing programs, and drive improvement plans based on your findings.
- Bring an approach strong in quantitative and financial metrics, as well as one that shows a deep understanding of how retail works within an Omnichannel environment, and how to best position a brand to win long-term.
- Monitor and evaluate performance vs. other frozen manufacturers in the Grocery set and develop and execute action plans to ensure we are crushing the competition!
- Meet grocery retailers and internal Daily Harvest deadlines with a high degree of accuracy, accountability, and added value.
- Drive continuous improvement and seek ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience.
- A shopper marketing guru who knows the gold standard and has a balance between restlessness for results, and the patience to build them while bringing people along on the journey.
- An Omnichannel thinker always striving to be accretive in building a larger impact (vs shifting impact from one channel to another).
- Knowledge of full surround marketing tactics Shopper Marketing (digital & traditional).
- Adept at analyzing results, synthesizing data (84.51/Stratum/Mkt6/SPINs etc.), drawing out insights & implications, and developing insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Minimum of 2+ years of shopper marketing experience, preferably with a CPG manufacturer on a retail team.
- Strong preference for NYC based candidates working from our Tribeca office.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $105,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment