Retail Operations Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Rowan is looking for a Retail Operations Manager to create and implement best practices for our Brick + Mortar policies and procedures. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Retail Operations Manager will be responsible for providing support and policies to Rowan’s growing retail fleet!
Up to 20% travel required to stores
What you'll be doing:
- Create and implement best practices for retail store policies and procedures, communication and process documentation, field training, and effectiveness with functional support roles for store operations.
- Introduce processes and analyses to increase team efficiency and reduce store operating costs across external vendors and suppliers.
- Develop programs, tools, processes and reporting to enhance loss prevention and inventory data integrity in stores.
- Develop systems and operational roadmap in partnership with the Retail/Field team based on business needs, and coordinate execution internally and with 3rd parties.
- Improve internal processes and procedures to maximize company benefit and minimize manual work.
- Support the COO, CRO, and their direct reports in driving the development, facilitation, and execution of the Retail Operations strategy.
- Create and modify processes and procedures to ensure efficient retail operations and appropriate levels of internal controls; monitor and enforce compliance.
- Partner with internal teams on day-to-day requirements to ensure proper operational support for the Retail channel.
- Develop, produce and share operational reporting within the Retail function and more broadly to the brand’s Operational functions; provide recommendations for improvement and track progress towards defined goals.
- Maintain an up-to-date Retail Store Operating Procedures document and ensure appropriate training of such procedures.
What you'll bring:
- Proven commitment to a high level of service to the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience influencing and supporting internal business partners to develop and deliver impactful, relevant field programs and communication
- Demonstrated track record of driving and delivering results in a dynamic and matrixed environment
- Proven ability to direct and manage teams to deliver high quality output, providing focus and clarity with shifting business priorities
- Proven ability to develop and inspire people, and ensure succession plans are actively developed across multiple functions
Experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business
- 3-5 years retail operations experience
Full-Time Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!