Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Rowan is seeking a Social Media Manager who is passionate about storytelling, brand building, and engaging with a community through creative and strategic social media content. Reporting directly to the Digital Director, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for driving content strategy, creation, execution, and social media analytics across multiple platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a cohesive social content strategy to enhance our brand presence and engagement.
- Build and maintain the social media content calendar, aligning with the marketing calendar.
- Manage the social content briefing, planning, and sourcing processes in collaboration with creative teams, medical authorities, and studios.
- Produce and source compelling video content, including filming, editing, and liaising with external content creators to provide educational and engaging material.
- Craft and edit social copy and assets to ensure alignment with our brand voice and messaging.
- Execute incremental brand buzz and growth campaigns, including market research and analysis of content trends.
- Support local marketing initiatives through events, partnerships, and studio openings.
- Manage daily social media activities, including posting, scheduling, and community management.
- Drive influencer outreach and partnership management, fostering relationships that align with our brand values.
- Collaborate in the creation of UGC ads for paid social campaigns.
- Track, analyze, and report on social media KPIs including audience engagement, follower growth, and campaign performance.
- Participate in weekly internal and external meetings, and manage related administrative tasks such as expenses and housekeeping.
Experience you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in social media management and content creation, preferably in the jewelry, fashion, beauty, or lifestyle sectors.
- Strong video content creation skills, including filming and editing.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills, with attention to brand tone.
- Experience with paid influencer partnership management and social media reporting.
- Ability to conduct thorough market research and apply learnings to content strategies.
- Strong organizational skills to support event coordination and local marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube), scheduling tools, and analytics.
- Adept at recognizing and leveraging current and emerging trends in social media, coupled with the ability to stay ahead in the fast-paced, ever-changing social media landscape, to develop effective strategies and campaigns.
- Creative and collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $70,000/yr - $80,000.
Full-Time Benefits and Perks
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!