New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Rowan’s Senior Planner, will be data and process driven and be expected to drive sales growth and profitability using analytics, historical trends, and industry knowledge to help develop category, assortment and brand level merchandise sales and buy plans. The Senior Planner requires the ability to influence both peers and managers at all levels of the business. Accountability for analysis of the business and the development of future strategies that support financial targets is a key component of this role. A successful Senior Planner enjoys working with a team in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about retail.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Field Team and Studio Operations team to deeply understand business performance at the item level.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to develop category-level and subcategory strategies, enhancing overall business effectiveness.
- Develop store attribute performance and trends knowledge through data analysis and field communication.
- Execute the release of merchandise inventory from the distribution centers to supply studios for retail sales.
- Develop allocation strategies for specific plan levels and execute physical allocations.
- Implement industry standard planning tools, including ladder plans and studio-level sales and inventory targets.
- Conduct regular sales performance analysis, margin trends, and product profitability to identify opportunities and risks and provide actionable recommendations to senior management.
- Utilize historical data, market trends, and customer insights to forecast sales, inventory needs, and replenishment strategies accurately.
- Partner with Sr Director to implement planning and allocation software.
- Provide timely and accurate re-projections based on current trends to manage inventory and drive margin effectively.
- Help lead Open-To-Buy (OTB) discussions, identifying and focusing on business drivers, opportunities, and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee markdown management and inventory health, including pre-season buying budgets, in-season replenishment, pricing strategies, and procurement forecasts.
- Run financial modeling to support informed buying decisions, incorporating assumptions, expectations, and known risks.
- Understand and anticipate customer behavior and market trends to influence demand and adjust category vision and strategies accordingly.
- Perform detailed vendor analysis to support and inform negotiations.
- Communicate effectively to align and influence cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring collaboration with Finance, Marketing, and Operations teams to meet collective goals.
- Drive initiatives to maximize sales potential and continuously seek opportunities to improve overall business performance.
- Ensure structured reporting deliverables are met, evaluating reports for accuracy, performance efficiency, and adherence to best practices.
- Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business to identify opportunities to maximize sales potential.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and expectations.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Finance, Business, Accounting or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in merchandise planning, inventory management, analytics, planning, business management, omni-channel merchandising, or related area.
- Very strong analytically with strong communications and presentation skills; ability to present complex information to various audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and influencing cross functionally.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to partner and challenge simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Entrepreneurial spirit - excited by the challenges that come along with building brands.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $110,000 - 120,000.
Full-Time Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!