Inventory Control Specialist
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Rowan’s Inventory Control Specialist, reporting directly to the Retail Operations Manager, will be instrumental in upholding and improving inventory accuracy across our retail stores. The Inventory Control Specialist's responsibilities include maintaining precise inventory records through diligent review of various reports, conducting timely inventory audits, and effectively communicating findings with store management. In this multifaceted role, you will collaborate closely with retail leadership to ensure inventory accuracy, facilitate timely replenishment, and boost sales, all while minimizing merchandise loss and shrinkage.
What you'll do:
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures for inventory control activities in stores, ensuring compliance and maintaining the highest level of inventory accuracy.
- Research and implement solutions to enhance efficiency, including new systems for managing stock and improving inventory control in receiving and disbursing merchandise.
- Coordinate, monitor, and reconcile cycle count activities and physical inventory counts in collaboration with IT, Finance, and Retail Teams/Distribution Centers.
- Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies between physical inventory and system records.
- Maintain open communication with stores regarding inventory control, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Develop and maintain reports on inventory metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Monitor all inventory movements at distribution centers and retail stores, including purchase orders, receipts, transfers, adjustments, and more; making system corrections or transfers where needed.
- Analyze inventory in transit from factory to distribution center to retail store, investigating any shipping delays or discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate inventory transaction records, including cycle counts and root cause analyses.
- Partner cross-functionally with Planning & Operations teams to enhance inventory practices across stores.
- Manage inventory management databases, ensuring accurate receipt, recording, and delivery of all purchased materials.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in inventory, distribution, and operational procedures.
- Current knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures, including relevant federal and state regulations.
- Proven ability to drive process improvements, develop systematic processes, and achieve results.
- Organizational skills to manage and control inventory physically and through computer systems.
- Detail-oriented with strong mathematical and written abilities.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on inventory metrics.
- Proficiency in Excel and other inventory management software.
- Effective communication skills to interact with department teams, cross-functional partners, and upper management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Team player attitude, willing to go above and beyond, with a focus on building positive team relationships through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Jewelry or related industry background is a plus.
Full-Time Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!