Piercing Studio Nurse
Annapolis, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Why We Need You:
Rowan's Piercing Studio Nurse, reporting to the Studio Manager, is dedicated to providing a safe, clean, and joyous ear-piercing experience. You will leverage your esteemed nursing skills and expertise to perform piercings with the utmost care and precision. Nurses are revered for their ability to maintain skin integrity, prevent infections, and soothe guests in new situations—skills that are paramount in delivering Rowan's signature piercing services. Your role is crucial in instilling trust and confidence, ensuring each piercing is not just a procedure but a celebratory rite of passage.
- Provide magical and memorable customer experiences, enhancing each piercing session with the highest standard of service, while ensuring a safe and celebratory environment.
- Establish a comforting presence for guests, alleviating any concerns to create a relaxed and confident piercing experience.
- Educate guests on aftercare, advocating for the use of Rowan's After Care Solution to aid in the healing process and maintain guest wellness.
- Perform thorough ear evaluation to determine optimal earring placement and provide tailored styling guidance.
- Proactively monitor the guest experience, swiftly addressing and resolving any issues to uphold Rowan's service standards.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of skin integrity and infection control measures to offer professional and personalized piercing services.
- Work in sync with the Studio Manager to ensure operational fluidity and uphold an ambiance filled with joy and excitement.
- Maintain studio readiness by keeping the space clean, orderly, and well-stocked, stepping in to fill shifts as needed.
- May assist in the professional development of newly hired nurses through mentorship and hands-on training to reinforce Rowan's high standards of service, inclusive of shadowing piercing services and observing customer interactions.
- Stay vigilant to any aspect of the studio that may impact the guest experience, actively bringing issues to the attention of management and engaging in collaborative problem-solving.
Inventory and Supplies:
- Diligently ensure that all piercing stations, including the nurse cart, mayo stand, or nurse nook, are fully equipped with the necessary supplies, ready for any guest need that may arise.
- Promote safety and cleanliness of our services by sterilizing jewelry and needle piercing instruments.
- Adhere strictly to health and safety regulations as stipulated by state, federal, and CDC guidelines to deliver a sanitary piercing experience.
Sales and Financials:
- Ensuring quality performance to support key studio performance metrics such as revenue growth, efficiency in piercing services (i.e., piercings per hour), increasing average order value, and sales.
Reporting and Communication:
- Address and escalate operational concerns promptly, ensuring effective communication with management and team members to implement solutions swiftly.
What you bring to the table:
- Required Certifications: Active RN or LPN/LVN License.
- Professional guest care approach.
- Proficient in delivering both technical and non-technical information to customers and community members.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including blackout periods during holidays and weekends.
- Open to all experience levels; newly licensed nurses are welcome, and additional training in pediatrics and/or ear piercing is advantageous.
- A commitment to providing exceptional service and ensuring a safe, clean environment for every guest.
Nurse Benefits & Perks:
- Compensation: $29 per hour + tips!
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid accrued Vacation and Sick Time for full-time employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans for full time employees
Check us out on CBS News - Chicago! -- Transforming Nurses into Professional Piercers
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!