Director of Engineering, Platform
Who is Boulevard?
Boulevard provides the first and only client experience platform for appointment-based, self-care businesses. We empower our customers to give their clients more of the magical moments that matter most.
Before launching in 2016, our founders spent months interviewing salon managers and working behind front desks to understand their pain points so we could design a modern, user-friendly platform that meets the unique needs of their business. Our roots may be in hair salons, but we are built for the broader self-care industry, including many types of salons, spas, medspas, barbershops, and more. Our technology not only helps our customers survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication, and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
We are seeking a Director of Platform Engineering to set strategy, direction, and lead our Platform Engineering teams in the continuous enablement and acceleration of the Boulevard engine. Platform Engineering is a backbone to Boulevard’s growth, developer experience, and customer experience. It spans Infrastructure, Data Pipeline, Fintech, and Onboarding & Growth charters. The Platform Engineering division partners closely with stakeholders across the entire company to automate, integrate, and scale core services as well as enable engineering productivity.
You will use your technical leadership and business insight to contribute to the broader business unit by helping to define and implement a long-term product and technology roadmap that you will adapt as business needs change. You will lead in the evolution of engineering culture, maintaining high team engagement, and providing an environment for learning and growth to your teams and engineering leaders. You connect people and build bridges across different teams and functions. You use effective communication and high EQ to influence change and leverage your leadership to bring people together to turn challenges into solutions. You lead your teams through the software development process to iteratively scope, refine, and deliver incremental value to both internal and external customers.
What you’ll do here:
- Partner with stakeholders, R&D Leadership, and cross functional-teams to evolve and enhance the Boulevard Platform to support our continued growth.
- Lead strategy to efficiently and reliably onboard customers from their current platform solution onto the Boulevard Platform at scale.
- Continue to reliably scale and expand our Fintech platform capabilities, including mobile payments and next gen POS hardware/solutions.
- Provide the best platform for engineers to build and operate products on, including automation frameworks, developer tooling, and performance engineering.
- Lead key initiatives around continued scale and improvement of data infrastructure and product enablement.
- Lead and nurture engineering managers, empowering them to enable high performance teams and coaching/supporting them through growth challenges.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and hold people accountable for outcomes.
- You are an adaptive leader and tailor goals, outcomes, and sometimes organization as the business evolves.
- Establish clear goals with your teams that support company objectives and individual growth and hold your teams accountable to desired outcomes.
- Help develop a culture of continuous improvement and best practices.
- Help iterate on our recruitment process, inspiring and developing a highly cohesive and motivated team.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- 8+ years of experience leading cross functional teams. Experience building and evolving SaaS Platforms, developer tooling, IaaS, data pipelines. Experience leading security organizations/teams is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mature product, systems, and organizations through various growth stages.
- Experience leading teams in a remote environment, across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to empower managers and teams, support career growth, and instill a culture of quality, ownership, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and execute on evolving systems and product to best support near term outcomes while iterating towards long term objectives.
- Self-driven to achieve high quality outcomes in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building scalable organizations.
- Ability to act as a liaison, effectively communicating with multiple audiences across the company.
- Self-driven in cross functional leadership and collaboration practices that yield repeatable, high quality outcomes.
- The ability to pull on key data points to drive decision making.
How We’ll Take Care Of You:
Your starting budgeted cash compensation for this role is between $205,000 and $292,000 USD, depending on your current skills, experience, training, and overall market demands. This salary range is subject to change, and there is always room for growth and advancement.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
✨ We’ve got you covered with a 401(k) match plus dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
🏝 Take a break whenever you need with our flexible vacation day policy.
🖥 Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work. You’ll receive a work from home stipend every month.
💚 Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
🔮 Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
💅 Boulevard Bucks Learning and Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
📲 We recommend following our official LinkedIn page to stay up to date on all things Boulevard life!
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.