Engineering Manager, Onboarding & Growth
Who is Boulevard?
Boulevard provides the first and only client experience platform for appointment-based, self-care businesses. We empower our customers to give their clients more of the magical moments that matter most.
Before launching in 2016, our founders spent months interviewing salon managers and working behind front desks to understand their pain points so we could design a modern, user-friendly platform that meets the unique needs of their business. Our roots may be in hair salons, but we are built for the broader self-care industry, including many types of salons, spas, medspas, barbershops, and more. Our technology not only helps our customers survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication, and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Boulevard’s Onboarding & Growth team has an exciting imperative to build a world-class customer onboarding experience that provides seamless business continuity to new customers. This team’s charter is to create technology to efficiently and reliably launch businesses onto the Boulevard Platform, as well as enable them to manage and grow their Boulevard subscription.
As the Engineering Manager for the Onboarding & Growth team, you will be responsible for leading your team in the evolution of our customer migration systems, the improvement of our onboarding experience, and the acceleration of our customer growth. You are passionate about the customer experience, owning the quality and integrity of your team’s work, and holding your team to a high bar for quality. You partner and collaborate closely with your Product Manager, Designer, and Product Marketing Manager to make the best product decisions, build great products, and deliver significant business outcomes. You are passionate about building high-performing teams and fostering an environment where everyone is motivated to do their best work.
What you’ll do here:
- Hire, lead, and nurture engineers, empowering them to function as a highly performant team by setting clear expectations/goals, instilling a culture of ownership and accountability, and coaching/supporting growth challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Product Quad (Engineering, Product, Design, Product Marketing) on developing the roadmap in alignment with the company goals, execution, delivery of features, and improving the KPIs for the team.
- Uphold a culture of high engineering discipline by advocating for observability, monitoring, quality, and system metrics.
- Cultivate a culture of learning and development, continuous improvement, and best practices.
- Establish clear goals with your teams that support company objectives and individual growth and hold your teams accountable to desired outcomes.
- Be responsible for technical decisions within your team. Ensure technical decisions support longer-term direction for the platform as a whole. Ensures teams develop reliable solutions without single points of failure for mission-critical features.
- Be a role model for the team by demonstrating Boulevard’s values, accountability, and growth mindset.
- Participate in Incident Commander on-call rotation and lead incident handling and resolution for incidents that arise when you are on call.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least three years of experience managing engineering teams. Experience leading teams in building and evolving SaaS Platforms and APIs. Experience building full-stack web applications. Prior Onboarding and ETL experience is a plus.
- Mentorship & Career Growth Planning: Proven expertise and opinions on proper career growth planning, team building, and best practices.
- Technical & Leadership Skills: You have a balance of both technical and leadership strengths. You guide sound technical decisions within the team, as well as empower individuals and the team as a whole.
- Forward Thinker: Demonstrated ability to set strategy for evolving systems to support long-term objectives while still delivering incremental value in the now.
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You know your audience and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative: Deep partnership with your product trio, constantly collaborating to ensure we progress towards the desired outcomes, maintaining healthy engagement with peers and stakeholders across R&D for cross-functional initiatives.
- Ownership: You lead the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines with high quality. You’re proactive in identifying and clearing roadblocks for your team.
- Pride in the work: Pride for your work, and you care deeply about the quality of the outcomes of your team.
- Data Driven: You leverage data to support your point of view and to make decisions.
How We’ll Take Care Of You:
Your starting budgeted cash compensation for this role is between $172,200 and $246,000 USD, depending on your current skills, experience, training, and overall market demands. This salary range is subject to change, and there is always room for growth and advancement.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
✨ We’ve got you covered with a 401(k) match plus dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
🏝 Take a break whenever you need with our flexible vacation day policy.
🖥 Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work. You’ll receive a work from home stipend every month.
💚 Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
🔮 Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
💅 Boulevard Bucks Learning and Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
📲 We recommend following our official LinkedIn page to stay up to date on all things Boulevard life!
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.