Join our team and become an essential part of a groundbreaking tech organization that is "making work better." Unleash your expertise in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where your skills will drive financial success. As our Accounting Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the financial stability and growth of our company while also contributing to the development of technology that is transforming industries and creating new opportunities.
In this role you will work in a hybrid model from our LA office (Culver City FTW!) and report to our Controller. Our target salary is $150K USD.
What you get to do:
- Manage the daily accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger accounting.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Create and implement financial policies and procedures to streamline operations and ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Oversee the month-end close process, preparing financial statements, reviewing account reconciliations, and ensuring that all journal entries are accurate and complete.
- Manage our financial audit process, working with external auditors to ensure that all financial statements are accurate and comply with accounting standards.
- Ensure that all invoices are generated accurately and in a timely manner, using appropriate billing methods and ensuring compliance with customer billing requirements.
- Work closely with the sales team to manage the collections process, ensuring that all customer payments are received on time and following up on any overdue payments.
- Resolve any billing issues that arise, including disputes, discrepancies, and billing errors.
- Improve the invoicing and collections processes, including implementing new systems, processes, or policies to increase efficiency and reduce errors.
- Prepare regular reports on invoicing and collections activity, providing insights into cash flow, revenue, and customer payment behavior.
- Manage and mentor onshore and offshore accounting team members, providing guidance to help them develop their skills and grow their careers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA certification
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- 2+ years in an Accounting Management role
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup
If you meet more than 50% of the listed qualifications, please apply!
- 100% Employer Paid Health Care including Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for each Employee
- Mental Health support through TalkSpace
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401K (no employer match)
- Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
Workers on Nowsta have access to a suite of services that help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
At Nowsta, we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where differences are welcomed and respected, where different perspectives are expressed and heard. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! Data show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. Nowsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.