Food Science Intern
- Flexible between May 2024 – September 2024
- At least 12-week internship commitment with flexibility up to 16 weeks.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The R&D / Quality Food Science Intern will conduct projects of various sizes to increase nutpods understanding of our product line and to identify new product opportunities. The intern will gain understanding of and exposure to emulsion stability, aseptic processing, and sensory analysis of coffee creamer products. The internship projects and duties will include Quality Assurance and intersect with Operations and Innovation to further our product knowledge. As a member of the R&D and Quality team, the person will work to maintain a clean, organized, and efficient R&D lab by following standards for lab use and product testing.
INTERN ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university as a sophomore, junior, senior or master’s student, actively pursuing your education in Food Science or other related degrees (Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, etc.).
- Must have at least one semester of school left after internship completion or have acceptance into a graduate program.
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Green Grass Foods does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position.
- Ability to taste subtle flavor, aroma, and mouthfeel differences
- Ability to lift, move, and carry boxes and equipment up to 35lbs.
Who We Are:
Green Grass Foods, Inc is the manufacturer of the best-selling brand, nutpods, a plant based, dairy-free alternative to half and half made from almonds and coconuts. Awarded as “Editor’s Pick” at the Natural Products Expo in its debut year, nutpods has grown tremendously online and at traditional brick and mortar retailers and is available nationwide. nutpods has fostered a cult following and is Certified Vegan, Gluten-Free, and OU Kosher, and is Whole30 Approved and non-GMO Project Verified. www.nutpods.com
Our culture is of huge importance to the owners and team at nutpods. We are looking for people who will be a great fit. Here is what we love about our culture:
We are COLLABORATIVE, encouraging input from different perspectives.
We are KIND, communicating effectively and treating each other with respect.
We are AGILE, adapting to changing conditions while achieving our goals.
We are DATA-DRIVEN, embracing a test and learn culture.
We are RESOURCEFUL, creative thinkers finding optimal solutions in unexpected ways.
We are nutpods.
The nutpods team is a close-knit group, and we support each other’s personal and professional aspirations. Our team is poised for additional strong growth and we are looking for candidates who want to take a long-term journey with us.
- Pay rate is $20-30 per hour, depending on education and experience
- Paid holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement