Senior Backend Engineer (TypeScript)
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience Management platform, is growing internationally. We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineers with expertise in TypeScript and Node.js to join our Global Engineering team. You will be supporting product teams in delivering innovative features for pre-checkout, delivery, and returns experiences for over 550 brands worldwide.
As a digital-first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. For in-person collaboration, you can work from one of our offices in Munich (HQ), London, or remotely within Germany. For exceptional profiles, we'll also consider UK or Spain.
What you can expect:
- Develop, deploy, and architect systems that serve millions of users every day
- Lead good engineering practices within the team
- Provide technical expertise and leadership within your team, coach team members, and influence their technical career paths
- Increase developer productivity while maintaining quality and reliability, driving agility and speed-to-market
- Contribute actively to technical decisions within the team and to the department's architectural roadmaps.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in software development, preferably in building distributed, reliable, and highly available backend systems.
- Strong experience with modern technologies, including SQL, MongoDB, Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS), Reliable Job Processing, Test Automation, Terraform, and GitHub Actions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong commitment to a product-focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and align teams
- Fluent in English, with a willingness to learn and grow
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.