Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
parcelLab is growing fast internationally and we're looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to join us.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at parcelLab, you'll be responsible for the creation of new qualified sales opportunities. You will identify and reach out to key people within the target companies, build rapport with potential customers, share relevant insights into our product with them to awake interest and qualify these opportunities before handing them to the respective Account Executive to support them further. You will conduct outreach through e-mail, on the phone or via social media sites, such as LinkedIn.
As a digital-first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. Therefore, you can work from one of our offices in London or Munich or remotely within Germany or UK.
What you can expect:
- Promoting and marketing parcelLab's solutions to our target customers through persistent and timely e-mails, cold calls and targeted outreach messages on social media
- Meet or exceed monthly meeting and new opportunity targets
- Conduct initial discovery and provide relevant information to the Sales team to ensure a successful first meeting
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research
- Nurturing prospects to ensure parcelLab are top of mind at all times
- Working together with the UK Sales Lead to grow sales in the UK or specific verticals
- Supporting the UK Sales Lead to drive the acquisition of new accounts in the region
- Represent parcelLab at marketing events
- Tracking all your outreach and correspondence in Salesforce
What you need to succeed:
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain relationships
- 1-2+ years’ experience in a business development or sales-related role
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product's selling points via phone, e-mail, or social media
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex and technical issues clearly
- Excellent analytical and value selling skills
- Prior experience of using Salesforce or a similar CRM tool
- Well-organised and excellent time-management skills
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and German is a must
- Self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- Completed Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the retail sector
- Experience working in e-commerce / marketing technology
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.