Senior Frontend Engineer
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience Management platform, is growing internationally. We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will build the client-side web applications that power pre-checkout, delivery and returns experiences in more than 550 brands worldwide. Are you convinced that software testing and engineering best practices are essential to spur our technical success? Accompany us on the road to making parcelLab a reference in e-commerce technology.
As a digital-first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. Therefore, you can work from our office in Munich or remotely within Germany.
What you can expect:
- Enhance the user experience of our product suite by developing next-generation web applications
- Lead the technical delivery and take responsibility for it, working collaboratively with your team
- Ensure the development of high-quality production code and drive the improvement of engineering productivity through tooling and processes
- Mentor mid-level engineers and contribute to their technical career growth
- Promote good engineering practices within the team
- Actively participate in technical decision-making within the team and represent them in discussions that impact the entire Engineering department.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Strong experience in modern front-end development is a must, previous experience in either back-end or full-stack development is a plus
- Knowledge of modern frontend frameworks and tools, such as ReactJS, TailwindCSS, ESLint, accessibility, automated testing (E2E/Unit), and TypeScript
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders, helping them understand the trade-offs of different product and technical decisions
- A knack for crafting intuitive user interfaces, paired with an agile mindset focused on consistent delivery without compromising on quality standards
- The most important quality is a willingness to learn. As we are growing and constantly learning new things, we do not expect to find people with experience in all of the required technologies. If you are excited about our tech stack and believe you are a fast learner, do not hesitate to apply!
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.