Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience Management platform, is growing internationally, and fast! We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in setting up and operating reliable, secure and scalable infrastructure platforms. You will be join our Engineering team as full-time Senior Site Reliability Engineer. In this role, you will do foundational work for on our systems that power pre-checkout, delivery and returns experiences for more than 550 brands worldwide.
As a digital-first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. Therefore, you can work from one of our offices in London or Munich or remotely within the EU.
What you can expect:
- Collaborate with engineering leadership, engineering teams and specialists to deliver our infrastructure architecture & improvements, which serves as foundation of our distributed, high-throughput SaaS platform
- As member of the infrastructure team, you take the ownership of the could-platform capabilities, maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment and to ensure alignment with business objectives
- You expose standardized tooling for Gitops, CI/CD and containerized production platforms to other teams, who will utilize those capabilities under your guidance
- A large share of our infrastructure resources is already defined as IaC (via Terraform & k8s), we plan to continuously extend this code base to cover all of our critical production infrastructure. You will take a major role in defining our infrastructure roadmap going forward.
- Take a key role in the core technical strategy of the company: you are significantly responsible for our overall success and your feedback and expertise are taken into consideration in the roadmap planning. You will be essential in defining how we apply cloud-native architecture and DevOps principles at parcelLab
- A career track where you do not need to have had previous people management experience in order to succeed, grow, and be acknowledged
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in managing complex infastructures using IaC on cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure. Hands-on experience with Terraform & AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with managing containers on k8s or AWS ECS, previous experience with CI/CD solutions based on for instance ArgoCD and Github actions
- You are technically fluent at the OS (Linux) & networking level, are familiar with data privacy & security best practices, such as OS/image and network hardening. You are able to apply those skills, to help us maintain our SOC & HIPAA certifications
- Experience with the management of infrastructure compents, which are typical in SaaS deployments, such as for instance databases (e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Redshift), messages queues (e.g. SQS, Kafka), API gatways, load balancers is a plus
- Comfortable helping teams to define monitoring and alerting rules. In addition, you have created and maintained alerting and monitoring systems like Prometheus, and central logging infrastructure like the ELK stack, Datadog, or similar
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong commitment to a product-focused mindset
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Fluent in English; proficiency in German is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Mentorship Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform TELUS.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 25 different nationalities; and with a great rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.