Chief Operating Officer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
Rowan is looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures to drive the efficiency of our rapidly growing business. In this role, the COO will work directly with the CEO/founder. We are seeking an experienced executor with a proven track record of success, who has a diverse skill set across retail/services, retail (and service) business operations, international supply chain with omni channel distribution (3PL management), team development & overall operations
* Candidate must be based in Tri-state area (NY/CT/NJ) / Travel expectations 15%
What you'll do:
- Partner with the CEO and Leadership Team to formulate and execute plans to optimize structure, systems, and processes
- Be the conduit between the CEO/founder the team, taking the CEO/founder’s vision and transforming it into an executable plan. Implement that plan across the team, vendors, partners, and customers.
- Oversee, manage, and provide the necessary support for Ongoing studio operations, Logistics, Inventory, Supply Chain and 3PL partner.
- Provide both strategic and tactical support to the Leadership Team, and all employees at Rowan, working closely with the CEO and Leadership Team on building processes to bring projections and business goals to life.
- Provide ownership and leadership to all operating costs ensuring to maximize profitability, efficiencies and scalability.
- Across multiple parts of the customer journey, identify key growth and optimization opportunities. Goal set, monitor, and benchmark performance metrics through regular reporting.
- Plan, design, and implement business operations to optimize a sustainable, cost-efficient supply chain that can scale.
- Oversee daily operations and be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and improving infrastructure and operations to execute against performance targets, improve cross-functional alignment, and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation insights, and optimization initiatives.
- Oversee all supply chain, logistics, inventory management, oversee 3PL.
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision.
Experience we're looking for:
- 15+ years experience in Operations management at Director, VP, EVP or COO level (Retail and or Service/restaurant industry)
- MBA or post graduate work experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a rapidly scaling, startup environment. Preferably in an omnichannel business structure that contains both DTC and brick & mortar revenue and processes.
- Experience in inventory, demand planning, and managing 3PL partners.
- Prior experience in service based model and retail is preferred.
- In-depth applicable supply chain experience:
- Jewelry, retail, medical supplies (preferred) experience (5 Yrs+)
- International supply chain experience (10 Yrs+)
- Contracted supply chain ( 3PLs & contracted manufacturers) with a network of existing contacts
- Omni channel distribution experience (DTC + Wholesale)
- Systems & technology acumen:
- Technologically savvy with leadership in implementing & managing business systems
- Direct experience w/ ERPs, OMS/IMS, WMS, Shopify
- Financial Operations:
- Track record of success with managing cost & optimizing returns
- Experience with owning departmental and/or company P&L
- Deep, holistic understanding of the levers impacting cash flow, profitability, liabilities & the financial health of an organization
- All processes, documented and formalized, Unified Doc SOPs
What you'll bring:
- You are a problem solver and are able to tackle growth complications (past & present) with patience and diligence. You understand the need of balancing short term plugs and long term solutions.
- You are exceptional at managing up through transparency, respectful communication and clear and realistic expectations. You can take a lot of information & present it in a simple, but significant way.
- You are hands-on, can juggle multiple responsibilities, and excel under pressure. You thrive within a dynamic, “roll up your sleeve” environment and enjoy high levels of responsibility.
- You are driven by performance data, financial results, in person observation/analysis and prefer a proactive approach, constantly seeking efficient and effective results.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in difficult situations that require emotional intelligence and the ability to think outside the box.
- Collaboration and partnership with cross-functional team members to build relationships to support initiatives.
- A cooperative and positive attitude; someone who is genuinely excited to be a part of what Rowan is building.
- You are highly organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines.
- You enjoy managing and working with people, working in our studios and are able to help shape a healthy yet growth-oriented culture.
Full-Time Benefits & Perks:
- Equity Options
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
About Us: Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses—and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in “Piercing for All”.
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC — How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience (today.com)
Important note: Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try! We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!
See more open positions at Rowan
Something looks off?