Director of Product Management
Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator.
For this role, we are looking to hire candidates out of the United States or Canada.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Director of Product to lead our product team and drive growth for our B2B SaaS products.
In this role, you’ll driving our products toward success by focusing on product-led growth metrics such as activation rates and trial engagement, leading to product and overall business growth. Your partnership with executive leadership stakeholders will be key in building product velocity and driving a consistent product roadmap. You’ll also identity areas of opportunity and launch net-new product lines.
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers, ensuring the successful development and launch of new products with a focus on product-led growth
- Utilize data to inform product decisions and drive growth for our B2B SaaS product through a product-led approach
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including executives, engineering, design, and marketing, to bring new products to market and support a product-led growth strategy
- Develop and execute a product roadmap that aligns with the company's overall strategy and goals
- Support product team success by developing and maintaining functional plans that are executed by product managers, ensuring deliverables are resourced appropriately and met.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and new technologies to bring innovative ideas to the product team and support a product-led growth strategy
- Communicate product strategy and progress to stakeholders, including executives and customers
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- Experience setting the product vision, translating that vision to a product roadmap, and executing the product roadmap
- Extensive experience leading product teams and mentoring product managers
- Strong understanding of data-driven product development and ability to implement data practices within the product team
- Proven experience with B2B SaaS product development and growth through a product-led approach
- Proven experience launching new products
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with a focus on product-led growth
- E-commerce or page-builder experience is a plus
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: We strive for transparency and operate with high integrity. We value diverse feedback and give insight to both our Shogies and clients.
- People are People: We believe everyone should be treated with respect. We seek to understand teammates and clients through questions and feedback.
- Win and grow together: We are all on the Shogun team, and love to see teammates and clients succeed. We challenge, learn from, help out, and cheer each other on as we continue to grow.
- Biased to Action: Agility and ownership in all that we do. We deliver value to each other and clients iteratively and quickly.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.
Something looks off?