Head of Customer Success Management
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator.
Location: For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States or Canada.
Department: Customer Success
Reports To: CEO
As the Head of Customer Success at Shogun, you will be responsible for pioneering and leading our customer success team and strategies, ensuring that our clients receive exceptional service and support. Your role is critical in driving customer satisfaction, retention, advocacy, and account expansion which are key to our company's growth and success. We’re looking for a “player coach” who leads by example as they build out our Customer Success strategy and team.
- Leadership and Team Management: Develop, lead and expand the customer success team to deliver outstanding service to clients and drive account retention and expansion.
- Customer Engagement Strategy: Develop and implement strategies to enhance customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Account Expansion Strategy: Attend to key customer accounts, ensuring their needs are met and identifying opportunities for usage expansion and upgrades.
- Success Metrics and Reporting: Establish key metrics for customer success and ensure consistent tracking and reporting to measure and improve performance.
- Customer Feedback and Insights: Gather and analyze customer feedback to inform product development and company strategy.
- Training and Development: Develop training programs for internal teams to ensure effective execution of our customer success strategy.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with our founders, product teams, support teams, analytics and marketing team to align on customer needs and goals.
- Customer Advocacy: Foster a culture of customer advocacy and develop programs that encourage customer referrals and testimonials.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in customer success, account management, or a related role in the software industry.
- Proven track record of leading a customer success team and driving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Strong understanding of software products and the ability to relate features to customer needs.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with experience in using analytics and customer success tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: We strive for transparency and operate with high integrity. We value diverse feedback and give insight to both our Shogies and clients.
- People are People: We believe everyone should be treated with respect. We seek to understand teammates and clients through questions and feedback.
- Win and grow together: We are all on the Shogun team, and love to see teammates and clients succeed. We challenge, learn from, help out, and cheer each other on as we continue to grow.
- Biased to Action: Agility and ownership in all that we do. We deliver value to each other and clients iteratively and quickly.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
At this time Shogun does not use AI to make recruiting or hiring decisions.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.