Senior Area Manager - Midwest/New England
Sales & Business Development
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
[solidcore] is looking for an experienced multi-unit leader who is committed to the growth and development of their team and is passionate about sharing the [solidcore] brand and workout. At its core, the Sr. Area Manager is a people leader who is dedicated to cultivating strong relationships within the community. The Sr.Area Manager is a multi-faceted role responsible for all aspects of performance and growth across multiple studios. They are accountable for ensuring that all business areas are fulfilled and driven by exceeding goals and continued growth. The Sr. Area Manager represents the [solidcore] culture, is a strategic thinker, an entrepreneurial leader, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role will report directly to the Midwest/New England Director of Studios.
You will be responsible for...
- Creating and monitoring class schedules. Ensuring adequate coverage and looking ahead to optimize and maximize the schedule.
- Owning operational and financial responsibility for multiple studios across a defined territory.
- Delivering revenue and sales targets, profitability, attracting, retaining and developing top talent within their area.
- Working closely with the Director of Studios to manage the day-to-day operations of [solidcore] studios within the area and implementing company-wide strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Reporting. Running, analyzing, and reporting on key performance indicators, including sales, utilization, retention, expenses, and payroll.
- Developing local initiatives and marketing strategies to drive unique traffic and exceed studio-specific goals.
- Fostering relationships with the local health, fitness, and wellness communities as well as key influencers and potential corporate partners.
- Serving as a [solidcore] studio coach, maintaining a schedule with a minimum of 6 classes per week.
- Ensuring positive and prompt client communications.
- Leading and developing a team of Head Coach-Community Managers.
What we need from you:
- Flexible and open availability with weekends and holidays required.
- The position is full-time and exempt with an expected 40 hours worked per week (including classes coached).
- Prior people management experience in high-end fitness, retail, or hospitality (3-5 years preferred).
- Prior group fitness instruction, personal training, or professional athletic training experience (2 years preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Proficiency in g-Suite and MS office, specifically excel and google sheets.
- Ability to lift / carry a minimum of 30 pounds.
What skills and experience you'll bring to us:
- At least three years of multi-unit experience in a high growth business.
- Vast knowledge and experience with California HR Law.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue and sales targets and contributing to profitability. Strong business and financial acumen and experience analyzing and interpreting data.
- Ability to work independently with the confidence to make decisions and course correct as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans, and people.
- Proven track record in successfully leading a team and building a talent pipeline in a high growth environment.
- Positive entrepreneurial and resourceful problem-solving attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Superior client relations and communication skills.
- Passion for fitness, wellness, and the [solidcore] brand.
- Ability to model the [solidcore] brand and culture and serve as a lead representative of the [solidcore] community.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation Range: $70,000 - $75,000 per year
- flexible PTO
- Full coverage health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Cellphone stipend