Senior Payroll Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
[solidcore] is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our team. Our ideal team member is empathetic, strategic, mission-driven, puts people first, and fosters a safe, welcoming, and FUN work environment. The Senior Payroll Specialist should be located in the vibrant suburbs of Roslyn Virginia & report directly to the Senior Payroll Manager.
You’ll be responsible for
- Accurately process multistate payroll using Namely
- Manage workflow as prescribed to maximize efficiency
- Audit timesheets accurately to ensure wages and benefits are properly distributed
- Accurately record and document all transactions as directed
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to management as needed
- Monitor all accounts continually for accuracy
- Ensure accurate taxation and garnishment are applied to each account
- Participate in payroll related month end close and audits
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2s etc.
- Monitor payroll email inbox and respond to payroll-related questions promptly and effectively.
- Remain in constant communication with teammates and management
- Communicate with HR teams to make necessary changes/updates to accounts
- Identify opportunities and recommend scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy.
- Remain in compliance with all legal and institutional requirements at all times
- Demonstrate respect for client privacy
- Assist in implementing, writing, and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Senior Payroll Manager.
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 or more years of experience working in payroll or a similar role
- Exceptional understanding of payroll tax setup for multi-state companies which includes (unemployment, city & local tax, and reciprocity agreements)
- Significant experience working in multi-state payroll with 2000+ employees is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work products. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset and passion for end-to-end design and improvement.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with various difficulty levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including ADP and/or Namely payroll software and Excel
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Netsuite and/or Alteryx is a plus but not required
It will be helpful if you possess the following
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Ability to proficiently use a PC or Mac
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- A ‘can do’ spirit with a “roll up your sleeves mentality” and positive attitude
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary range is $70,000 - $75,000 per year
- Flexible PTO
- Technology & cell phone stipend
- 401k with employer match
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Additional benefits for processing payroll during holidays
- And MORE
[solidcore] is a national boutique fitness company with 100+ studios nationwide. Our signature workout is 50 minutes of low-impact, high-intensity strength training: the lights are low and the music is loud. At [solidcore], we are passionately dedicated to the growth and development of our team and strive to create an environment where individuals can learn and develop their skills. We believe in cultivating a safe space where you can show up every day as your strongest, most empowered version of yourself. We stand behind the health and wellness of not only the teams working within the walls of our studios but the broader community as well. We offer all full-time employees participation in our Solidcares program that includes unlimited PTO, full spectrum insurance coverage, cell phone stipend, and so much more. Please visit our websitehere to read more about our mission and benefits.
At [solidcore] we believe in blazing paths, not trailing behind and we are firmly committed to being the leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion within the boutique fitness space. We want to create a community in which people can feel safe to show up as their most authentic selves. Community is not just what we do - it’s who we are and we are dedicated to promoting a welcoming environment for all. You can click here to learn more about our actions to promote a more diverse and inclusive space for our clients and our internal team.