Development & Construction Manager
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
The Manager of Development and Construction (PM) acts as project manager for designated new locations throughout multiple regions and is responsible for managing the design and buildout of the project from budget forecasting through project close out. This individual is also responsible for driving the analytics required to identify trends in construction costs in an effort to identify savings and optimization opportunities. In addition, the PM may also be asked to perform additional tasks such as minor Facilities remodels and onsite evaluation for quality assurance. The PM is in the field approximately 30% of their time performing site visits at ongoing construction projects, remodel projects and building/maintaining relationships with the critical internal and external stakeholders required to perform the essential job function. The Development & Construction Manager should be located in the DC-metro area & will report directly to the Director of Design.
You'll be responsible for:
- Budget prospective studio sites in a timely and accurate manner
- Review workletters for cost, time, and risk implications, and ensure construction documents reflect the correct scope of work to bridge from delivery conditions to a [solidcore] studio meeting brand standards
- Manage design and construction vendor relationships, evaluating quality and cost on an ongoing basis
- Own the development timeline from design kickoff through handover to operations, ensuring all partners are aware and accountable to the required dates to meet milestones
- Own the development budget as it relates to construction hard costs, professional fees, owner-supplied items, and signage
- Ensures General Contractor (GC) resources are meeting/exceeding budget requirements for new construction projects and Facilities refresh/remodels
- Identify trends to optimize our construction costs and schedules
- Develop tools and systems that allow for enhanced visibility and accuracy into the financials related to [solidcore] construction projects
- Promote brand identity by assuring quality of fit and finish, adherence to specifications and standards, compliance with required construction time frames and approved budgets
- Ensure high standards of GC’s by implementing best practices and other programs to improve overall construction discipline and better understand/track market construction cost trends
- Engage in clear, consistent communications with the corporate team, Operations, studio managers and coaches, landlords, and other Development staff on a frequent basis: demonstrating respect for all disciplines
- Ensure the compliance of outside vendors with regard to billing, payments, submit required documents, and all construction related documentation during the course of projects – including project close out
What we need from you:
- A commitment to learning the [solidcore] business and our culture and values
- Intermediate or expert user of Excel, Word, MS Project, Powerpoint, etc.
- 5+ years of proven Construction experience in the capacity of Project Manager, Site Supervisor or Owners Representative.
- A complete understanding and ability to read, coordinate and understand construction documents/specifications and apply these in the field as they relate to actual installation means and methods while also having the ability to improve and manage change.
- Self-motivated – a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed who can work with a level of autonomy and doesn’t need direction for every task that is asked of them.
- Critical Thinker – can identify a problem and work it through until resolved. Able to connect the dots between different departments and fields. Keeps the big picture in mind, even when having to delve into the details.
- Clear Communicator – able to identify relevant information and then clearly and succinctly transfer that information to the appropriate parties.
- Team Player – ‘that isn’t my job’ is never said and doesn’t even come to mind. Someone who is willing to pitch in and understands that everyone at [solidcore] is working toward the same goal. Able to celebrate the success of teammates and peers while helping those who need it. The ability to identify top performers, develop great leaders, ensure high standards, and remove obstacles.
- Multitasker – able to successfully manage competing priorities.
- Proactive, with the ability to provide instructive suggestions/input for improving all aspects of the construction process while working cross-functionally with different disciplines of the organization
- Extraordinary leadership capabilities and an entrepreneurial mindset with the desire to develop and grow into a Director role through mentoring and leadership
- Maturity – able to embrace ambiguity and the ability to adapt. Not afraid to ask for guidance or explanation when needed. Does not take things personally. Acknowledges when mistakes are made and then uses that information to do better in the future.
- Well-organized – highly attentive to detail, knows how to save and organize files, keep notes, and can access information when needed. Creates and maintains systems.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary range is $80,000 - $95,000 per year, depending on experience
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- 401k with employer match
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Free drop-in [solidcore] classes
- And MORE