The Sensory Tech will assist the Sensory Analyst in the design, organization and execution of sensory tests that support various facets of the Spindrift business. This may include data collection and analysis, report writing, support for product innovation, assisting with sensory retain management, housekeeping responsibilities (inventory, set up and clean up, etc.), and other duties as needed. Throughout the program, the intern may receive special projects designed to help them stretch their knowledge and expose them to new aspects of the field of sensory (example: research to understand the feasibility of a new sensory data collection process).
· All majors encouraged to apply. Food Science and Sensory Science majors are preferred.
· Previous work experience in any field.
· Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with Word and Outlook.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
· Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, organized, creative, independent enthusiastic, dependable and driven by excellence.
Hourly rate for this part-time position is $18 - $20 / hour, 16 - 20 hours per week.