Member Services (HR) Business Partner
Vermont Smoke & Cure
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon - Fri
VSC is seeking a Member Services Business Partner to manage the plant human resource functions. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working as a generalist or in multiple areas of HR, hands-on with the people and be a partner with leadership.
This position’s primary work shift will be Monday through Friday office hours. NOTE: Schedule flexibility is a needed from time to time to work with members on all shifts and attend meetings.
Provides generalist Human Resources support for corporate and production Team Members, ensuring initiatives, policies, and programs align with vision, mission, and core values. Develops strong working relationships with leadership. Executes talent acquisition strategy and tactics to yield sustained hires. Identifies needs and develops programs, policies and procedures that support the culture and drive a healthy and fulfilling employment experience, yielding high retention.
|Shifts:||Mon - Friday|
8:30am - 4:30pm
|Reports To:||Commercial Business Lead|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Works closely with Director of Operations to develop recruitment strategy and tactics to yield sustained hires, including candidate sourcing, screening, background and reference checks, and facilitating the entire process.
- Works with marketing team to advertise and create sourcing copy to attract candidates and keep an open pipeline; manages internet job board posting and internal web site careers page.
- Identifies multiple candidate sourcing avenues to keep a sustained influx of qualified applicants.
- Works to enhance the employment experience by engaging with the team, managing the Fun Committee, reward and recognition programs, and developing new, engaging initiatives.
- Manages onboarding process, including new hire orientation, New Hire Luncheons, and facilitates completion of new hire paperwork.
- Conducts formal/informal surveys to gage Member satisfaction, identifies themes, and make recommendations.
- Facilitates annual review and development planning processes, ensuring pragmatic tools are in place to guide the communications process.
- Executes internal learning and development (e.g., LMS, management training).
Employee Relations, Policy & Procedures
- Responsible for the Member Handbook updates, ensuring positive messaging and useful information for Team Members.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes, ensuring compliance with legislation such as FMLA, VT Sick Leave, ADA, FLSA, EEO, and Anti-Harassment/Discrimination.
- Provides consultation to managers on Team Member behavioral issues, including disciplinary action and terminations of employment.
- Receives complaints from Team Members, investigates, and resolves.
- Manages Team Member files (i.e., recruiting, personnel, benefits, I-9) and records retention.
Benefits Management and Administration
- Facilitates leaves of absence, ensuring appropriate communications with Team Members and managers.
- Maintains comfortable breakroom environments, ensuring availability of supplies. Works with Marketing on items needed for events, recognition, etc.
- Administers benefits programs, including open enrollment, new enrollments, status changes, and terminations.
- Degree in Human Resources, related field, or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, Teams)
- Competencies, behaviors, and characteristics:
- Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution and problem-solving
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and self-direct
- Organization, planning, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong initiative
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.