Production Supervisor D2
Vermont Smoke & Cure
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Vermont Smoke and Cure is actively seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to lead and oversee our production operations on our weekend shift. If you thrive in a dynamic small-company environment, excel as a collaborative team member, and are passionate about tackling challenges, then you could be the ideal candidate for this role!
The Production Supervisor will lead and optimize production operations. The role involves driving positive change, providing support and direction to the team, ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards, and fostering continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will excel in motivating and developing team members while maintaining effective cross-departmental relationships.
|Reports To:||Director of Operations and Supply Chain|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
Lead and Manage Production Teams
- Evaluate staffing needs and maintain budgeted resources to maximize line output.
- Recruit new talent who aligns with values and technical skills.
- Onboard new talent with mentorship, safety, and technical training.
- Conduct consistent team meetings focused on production goals, recognition, challenges, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate and develop communication, decision-making, critical thinking skills of the production team, promoting empowerment and accountability.
- Support and direct teams to achieve targeted goals, providing regular feedback and formal reviews.
- Effectively communicate information to members, leaders, and peers.
Lead and Manage Production Processes
- Ensure quality and efficiency of production at all stages of the process and monitor progress of the team in four critical success areas (safety, quality, cost, and service), and develop and execute improvement plans in all four critical success areas.
- Evaluate processes and drive continuous improvement; participate in continuous improvement planning, implementation, and reporting to the team.
- Effectively manage all aspects of safety prevention and immediately address safety issues.
- Plan, coordinate, and advise production members of daily goals.
- Evaluate and coordinate training needs and efforts for production processes and integrate with quality and safety training standards.
- Assist with the development of an effective production schedule at the plant level and complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
Work with outside contractors on plant projects.
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred, or commensurate work experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience in production environment.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Security, HACCP and laboratory methods.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel).
- Strong planning, organization, and efficiency skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lead teams through effective communication skills and accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility to manage priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, demonstrating strong teamwork.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.