Food Safety Quality Technician
Vermont Smoke & Cure
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
The role of the Food Safety Quality Technician involves overseeing the quality of both ingredients and final products at Vermont Smoke & Cure. This position carries out diverse lab tests, such as microbiological testing and chemical analyses, across all phases of production to ensure the production of high-quality goods. Additionally, this role will be responsible for monitoring all production areas to uphold sanitation and cleanliness standards in alignment with the company's food safety plan and policies. The successful candidate will be required to maintain precise data records and act as a bridge between production and quality teams to uphold product consistency.
|Reports To:||Quality Assurance Manager|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Perform Food Safety Quality Inspections including label accuracy and defect monitoring of product quality in real-time.
- Perform record review, data entry, and analysis of batch records and process monitoring records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Sanitation Program by performing environmental monitoring of processing areas, including microbiological and ATP swabbing and tracking data.
- Hold non-conforming products and equipment and create records of non-conformance.
- Conduct audits in GMP compliance and facility sanitary conditions and correct deviations.
- Respond to Food Safety Quality issues in Production in real-time.
- Facilitate training program to ensure compliance in Vermont Smoke & Cure Food Safety Quality procedures.
- Coach team members in a culture of Food Safety Quality.
- Facilitate Food Safety Quality Verification schedule.
- Develop and maintain documentation associated with the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Perform analytical, microbiological, and sensory testing on ingredients, work in process, and finished products.
- Follow QMS standards, policies, and procedures.
- Degree in engineering or related scientific field preferred
- Practical knowledge of regulatory compliance, SQF, HACCP, and other applicable standards desired
- Experience with inspection and testing equipment, tool accuracy and tolerance
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Quality Assurance, food manufacturing preferred
- Experience leading others
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Problem-solving yielding practical solutions.
- Attention to detail.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.