Business Development Supervisor, Marketplace
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role:
The Business Development Supervisor, Marketplace is responsible for overseeing the implementation of business objectives among Weee!’s Marketplace business development professionals. The Business Development Supervisor, Marketplace will focus on revenue-generating partnerships, but it also touches on strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other departments necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments.
*THIS IS AN ONSITE ROLE WITH A HYBRID SCHEDULE, REMOTE IS NOT AN OPTION*
What you will do:
- Own the execution of and drive the strategy on assortment, seller acquisition, and growth plans.
- Ensure our platform hosts an optimized assortment strategy that maximizes sales and contribution profit.
- Partner with strategic sellers to drive organic growth by expanding selection, improving offer quality, and managing inventory.
- Serve as a primary account executive for a portfolio of partners and act as a trusted advisor, ensuring long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Develop a marketing plan process, including events, site placements, and promotion to drive incremental traffic and growth.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, customer service, operations, and marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
- Develop and manage new programs and capabilities to drive value for customers
- You have 3+ years of experience in retail or e-commerce-related experience.
- You can think strategically while delivering detailed execution.
- You can work as part of a cross-functional team to drive positive business outcomes.
- You have a dynamic personality with a customer-focused mindset
- You are curious and always searching for creative solutions
- You are excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits Weee!’s Marketplace platform will bring to their business
- You are persistent and passionate about sales
- You can adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- You are comfortable with working in a scaling startup environment
- You are bilingual in Chinese/Japanese/Korean and English
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
- This a valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
- Thoughtful, talented, and supportive coworkers and leadership team
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 - 95,000
- This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses, incentives, and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience, and work areas. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.