Accounts Payable Manager
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role:
Weee! is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager who will be reporting to the Corporate Controller, and working closely with the Merchandising and Supply Chain teams. The AP Manager will partner with the business to manage payments processes for the company while balancing our cash flow cycle. The role is at the heart of our retail business, part of the core accounting team and has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the company.
- Lead designing, communicating team vision and goals for AP, and building and managing the team
- Responsible for full-cycle global accounts payable process.
- Oversees and assists with the global day-to-day full-cycle accounts payable operations and weekly disbursements, providing immediate visibility to senior management on critical issues.
- Oversees all global transactions processing for inventory and expense invoices, credit memos, credit cards, travel & expense reports and payment applications.
- Reviews and provides guidance for global accounts payable transactions to ensure timely and accurate reporting for all vendor invoices and supplier inventory receipts including 3-way matches, landed costs, purchase price variances and vendor price lists
- Reviews global accounts payable aging reports to ensure vendor accounts are reconciled and all payments and credits have been identified and processed
- Manages global supplier relationships and resolves all vendor account discrepancies in a timely manner by obtaining and investigating information from cross-functional teams and vendors
- Prepares monthly global reconciliations and analyses of vendor accounts to ensure accurate and timely reporting, separating timing differences from variances requiring further research and identifying and escalating issues to be addressed
- Document procedures for the global accounts payable process, addressing the unique elements of the business
- Lead accounts payable process automation projects, collaborating with systems, data and accounting teams
- This is an exciting role, supporting and building the accounting function in a high growth environment. The right manager will have excellent quantitative, written and oral persuasive skills and have the
emotional intelligence to navigate a diverse work environment and business while driving a performance oriented culture
- Key requirements include:
- A collaborative team player, able to partner with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Build positive relationships within finance and non-finance teams to make recommendations, implement process/policies, etc
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex matters to all employee levels through company-wide communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under deadlines with meticulous attention to detail
- Perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, exercise initiative and creativity to meet deadlines and goals
- Organized, strategically focused, detailed oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities including Microsoft Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis techniques required with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area; 7+ years of global accounts payable manager experience in e-commerce or retail, with track record of growing responsibilities
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000-$110,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.