Category Buyer - Produce
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
As a Category Buyer for our Produce team, you will be sourcing the freshest and most delicious produce for our customers. You will have the opportunity to flex your negotiation and strategic planning skills to drive the growth and success of our produce category. A key part of the role will also be determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality produce and live better.
- Drives revenue growth and maximizes profitability through effective sales and margin management of produce categories
- Identify customer preferences and forecast customer trends; source for exciting produce products our customers will love
- Evaluate supplier options, negotiate and determine the best choices; maintain trusting relationships with suppliers
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- Passion for produce and eagerness to learn more about the industry
- 5+ year of proven experience in produce buying
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- You are an absolute foodie and you are always on your radar for new and exciting products
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480 - 90,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers