Content Marketing Specialist-Japanese Market
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an exceptional Content Marketing Specialist who is passionate about creating and delivering effective campaigns that target the Japanese community. In this role, you will be collaborating with Marketing, Product, and Merchandising teams to develop best-in-class app pushes, emails, social content, and website collections that drive user revenue. You will be responsible for owning the Japanese Language storefront content strategy and execution, running weekly, seasonal promotional campaigns, and partnering with Category Buyers to curate products and create storefront assets that engage the Japanese audience.
To be successful in this role, you must have a deep understanding of the Japanese community, including their food trends and culture. Native proficiency in Japanese language is a must, and proficiency in English is required. You should also have at least 2 years of email and push marketing experience, as well as graphics design experience with a focus on digital media. Proficiency with standard design tools like Adobe Photoshop, Figma, Canva, and Excel or Google Sheets is essential. Additionally, you should possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-motivated, curious, detail-oriented, and able to work well with a larger team to deliver on campaign goals.
- Own the Japanese Language storefront content strategy that drives user retention and sales
- Plan and execute weekly, seasonal, and promotional campaigns end-to-end, from targeting to reporting and optimization
- Partner with Category Buyers to curate products and create storefront assets that engage the Japanese audience
- Produce banners and generate other creatives for homepage, storefront collections, email, and social channels using our design automation tools
- Work closely with the central marketing team and the Japanese vertical team to identify and manage Japanese audience targeting and segmentation for each campaign
- Analyze and report campaign performance to provide significant findings, learnings, and actionable insights to leadership and improvements to programs
- Communicate and prioritize tasks on projects with internal stakeholders (product, data, monetization, merchandising)
- Monitor daily program automations and data processes and troubleshoot when necessary
- Deliver weekly performance reports to the General Manager
- Deep understanding of the Japanese community, including their food trends and culture
- Native fluency in Japanese language; proficiency in English is required
- Excellent Japanese language copywriting skills applicable to marketing/advertising purposes
- Minimum of 2 years of email and push marketing experience
- Graphics design experience with a focus on digital media
- Proficiency with standard design tools like Adobe Photoshop, Figma, Canva, and Excel or Google Sheets
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience applicable to digital media marketing, advertising, and communications industry
- Social media content creation and management skills are a plus
- Background in eCommerce or food delivery is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for making delicious, fresh groceries accessible to everyone!
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480-70,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.