Category Buyer - Dry Goods- Chinese Market
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
As a Category Buyer finding exciting Dry Goods Products for our Chinese Market, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments for our customers at Weee!. It’s your job to effectively develop a suite of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touchpoints – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality products and live better.
- Drives revenue growth and maximizes profitability through effective sales and margin management
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- You are an absolute foodie and you are always on your radar for new and exciting products
- 3+ year of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
- Industry background required
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Bilingual in Chinese(Mandarin) and English is preferred
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
- Thoughtful, talented, and supportive coworkers and leadership team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480 - 85,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers