Senior People Business Partner- Technology
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About The Role
Are you ready to be a part of a People team that is making a real impact on our business? Weee! has successfully built, and continues to evolve, to a diverse and talented people team, which provides HR leadership to enable the business to achieve its strategic ambitions.
We are looking for a People (HR) business partner to join our team to collaborate with and support our Technology and corporate teams who are based in the US. The role focuses on Culture, Change, Capability and Compliance and is to understand the team's objectives to align and deliver the people priorities to deliver these.
Our ideal candidate combines HR expertise with a deep understanding of the technology industry, enabling you to effectively support the unique needs of the tech function in a high growth food e-commerce business.
As a partner and advisor to our leaders and managers, you'll provide real-time coaching and feedback, helping to foster a culture of growth and engagement. At Weee!, we cherish our diverse and energetic culture, and you'll play a pivotal role in sustaining this environment while driving significant impactful business results. We believe in thinking big and we want you to bring your creative ideas to the table as we strive to become the best place to work.
This is a great opportunity to build everything from the ground up within a well funded startup company. If you’d like to challenge yourself, build the team and deliver strong results, this will be a great fit for you.
- Partner with the Centres of Expertise (COE) and People Services teams to provide strategic and tactical HR support to the leadership and team members for our US Technology and corporate teams
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to identity and attract top talent
- Support the growth and development of our employees by collaborating with the L&D team to deliver compliance and leadership training programs, enhancing communication and leadership skills for managers and leaders. Understand the future skills needed to continue to evolve the capabilities of the organization.
- Build a high performance culture through effective performance management. Provide guidance to the end to end performance process focusing on both “what” people do (the work) and “how” they deliver this (the behaviors)
- Work with the Employee Relations/Workers Compensation leads to managing and resolving employee relations, Leave of Absence and worker's compensation cases. Educate, support and follow up with leadership teams regarding ER issues
- Ensure People Policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with legal requirements. Remain updated on employment laws and provide advice and counsel to managers on people matters ensuring the highest level of compliance
- Use People data and analytics to gain insights into functional performance, identify trends and recommend strategies for improvements
- Provide data driven recommendations and proactively establish processes to enhance the employee experience and partner with your leaders to implement innovative and impactful solutions
- Build credibility and trust among employees, addressing concerns with empathy, documentation, and follow-through and with the utmost confidentiality
- Be a champion of change and guide your teams through organizational changes such as process improvements, restructuring or technology implementations ensuring they are executed and sustained successfully
- Be a leader throughout Weee!! - advise, mentor, coach, and guide all levels of management to develop to develop positive employee engagement, capability and leadership skills
- Be a key contributor to both the People and functional leadership teams adding value from both a People and business perspective
- 3- 5 years of hands-on People Business Partner, with experiences coaching managers preferably in the Technology sector
- Advanced degree in Human Resources is preferred
- High business acumen and influencing skills
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to provide valuable recommendations
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self confident with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Experience in a high growth start up business and preferably a more established company as part of a high functioning and impactful People team
- Demonstrated knowledge of various human resources disciplines
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites.
- Based in Fremont with minimum 3 days onsite, occasional travel
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-115,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.