Director of Information Technology Security
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the Role
As the Director of Information Technology Security at Weee!, your pivotal role involves developing and leading comprehensive information security measures to protect our valuable assets from threats. Collaborating cross-functionally with global teams, you'll oversee corporate security and ensure proactive threat management. Your expertise will drive security and risk management programs, fostering awareness and compliance. You'll lead incident response and contribute to team growth in a positive environment.
- Develop and lead the overall information security policies, strategies and protocols to safeguard the company’s information assets, systems and networks against potential threats and cyber attacks.
- Collaborate with domestic and international teams cross-functionally within the organization to oversee all aspects of corporate security and infrastructure. It will involve staying well-informed about the present threat and attack landscape, as well as staying updated with the latest security trends and principles.
- Develop, implement and monitor information security and risk management programs based on current needs, ensuring the preservation of information availability and confidentiality for all data owned and processed by Weee!
- Lead the response to security incidents, coordinating efforts to minimize the impact and recover from any breaches
- Design and implement comprehensive information security training programs, promoting security awareness and best practices to all company employees and ensuring a clear understanding of the significance of information security.
- Maintain compliance by leading internal and external compliance audits, ensuring the company's information security measures align with relevant governance regulations and standards.
- Through effective IT management, influence and monitor regional warehouse IT teams to implement essential programs and drive safety and security culture improvements across nation-wide operations
- Grow and support the team's development, fostering a positive work environment, managing performance, and ensuring effective communication and collaboration among team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science.
- Demonstrated experience in security management, with a proven track record of implementing and overseeing security programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to address complex security challenges
- In-depth domain knowledge of information security standards, frameworks, and best practices
- Extensive experience in project management to drive multiple initiatives
- Experience in people management
- Ability to travel as required
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $200,000-$225,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers