Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
The role of the Emerging Market Merchandising Manager is to strategize and execute plans for promotions and pricing tailored to the unique characteristics of the assigned region, with the objective of achieving success within the local market. Additionally, the manager is responsible for overseeing the quality management of Produce items and managing inventory plans based on demand forecasts.
Effective communication with Category Managers and Category Buyers is crucial to pursue product assortments that align with the regional market. The role also entails taking responsibility for driving sales growth across all categories.
The Merchandising Manager should actively seek to improve and develop efficient processes related to merchandising, aiming for seamless operations. Achievement of regional targets is prioritized through consistent communication and collaboration with team members.
- Develop powerful promotion plans tailored to local characteristics to enhance customer satisfaction and increase sales
- Identify priorities and take responsibility for inventory planning in collaboration with the demand forecasting team
- Analyze market trends and competition among local competitors to devise competitive pricing strategies that enable market domination
- Maintain and improve the quality of fresh produce within the region to achieve customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with buyers to establish vendor relationships and build a network of local vendors
- Owning regional merchandising strategy and execution
- Craft impactful promotional strategies finely tuned to local nuances, amplifying customer contentment and driving sales growth
- Pinpoint key priorities and oversee inventory planning, working in tandem with the demand forecasting team to ensure seamless operations
- Scrutinize market trends and local rivals' moves to architect competitive pricing tactics that pave the way for market leadership
- Elevate and uphold the caliber of fresh produce across the region, a crucial facet in achieving and sustaining customer delight
- Team up with Central Merchandising team to cultivate robust supplier connections, cultivating a network of local vendors that fuels our success.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in the Produce industry-related field.
- Requires at least 10 years of experience in the Retail industry-related field.
- Passion for produce and eagerness to learn more about the industry
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $85,000 -115,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers