Regional Quality Control Specialist
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
This position is responsible for monitoring, managing, and resolving product quality and food safety issues throughout the entire operation process at the warehouse. The candidate is required to spend the majority of time on the operation floor and work closely with the Operation, Merchandise, and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to ensure product quality meets the specification and the company internal standards. Strong communication, attention to details, and strong problem-solving abilities are required.
- Support warehouse staff at receiving, conduct product quality check, and ensure product meets the vendor specification and regulatory label requirements, and work with the operation and the merchandise team to resolve product issues.
- Perform product quality audits periodically at the product sorting and packing station and communicate any deviations to the appropriate parties promptly.
- Support operation team on inventory control.
- Review and organize operation and quality paperwork according to the quality procedure.
- Support customer service and work collaboratively with the Operation and Merchandise team to investigate customer complaints, identify root causes, and help to identify corrective actions and monitor effectiveness.
- Coach and support operation team on quality standard procedures.
- Manage site pest control services and paperwork.
- Assist in product recall and regulatory inspections.
- Support on other improvement projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required.
- College diploma or university Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or relevant science is preferred.
- Experience in food manufacturing or warehouse required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to develop cross functional and multinational relationships to support interaction with various internal customers.
- Strong attention to details. Strong communication skills.
- Work on weekends or holidays may be required.
- Bilingual (English and Chinese) is desired.
- This position requires working in a cold environment most of the time.
- The position requires a great deal of walking and standing, approximately 85%.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The hourly range $22.50-$27HR
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers