Warehouse Operations Manager
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing warehouse operations in our Chicago, IL location for our orders in the North Central region. These operations include shipping, inventory, delivery. Your goal will be to increase operational efficiency and ensure a safe environment.
- Maintain warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Evaluate performance metrics to ensure quality delivery and cost-efficient work-flow processes
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by understanding and studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Achieve daily results by preparing labor needs based on forecast.
- responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company's employee safety at work and ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHSA) guidelines
- Able to rotate within shifts to safeguard and guarantee operational efficiency.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- At least 10 years of warehouse experience preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in management/ leadership roles
- Able to work in a flexible schedule
- Food and Beverage Industry experience strongly preferred
- Able to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational skills are a must
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellent Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience in managing WMS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$85,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers