Purchasing Specialist-Vietnamese Market (Vietnamese required)
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
Work location: Santa Fe Springs, CA; OR Fremont, CA, United States (Mon-Fri onsite)
About The Role
As the Purchasing Specialist, your main duties include
- Locating key suppliers, negotiating the company’s purchasing agreements and making sure their materials and products meet the company’s specifications.
- Gathering and preparing documents like quotes, proposals and purchase terms and conditions from suppliers for their supervisor to review. Once suppliers are hired, the Purchasing Specialist will carefully analyze, monitor, and record performance. You will also be one of the supplier’s main points of contact and will answer any questions or address concerns the supplier has.
- Being the main contact between Weee! Operations team and Vendors to arrange warehouse appointments for delivery, return and others-related tasks
- Assisting Category Buyer on new vendor onboarding, new item setups, curating/ buying products that fit customers preferences of the Vietnamese market
Purchasing Specialists build vendor relationships to secure the best prices on products for their company, as well as these other responsibilities:
Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization
- Handle disputes and returns
- Handle BPM tickets
- Handle administrative works for the Vietnamese Merchandising
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing
- Bachelor degree in science or engineering preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office suites, especially Excel.
- Deep understanding of the Vietnamese culture and food across the Vietnam country/ regions and the Vietnamese community in the US
- You are an absolute foodie and you are always on your radar for new and exciting products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English are a requirement for Purchasing Specialists. They use these skills to determine their company’s product needs and to create constructive relationships with vendors.
- Ability to plan, delegate and evaluate progress toward goals is necessary for managing these projects.
- Deep understanding of price points and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480 - 75,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers