Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
As a Regional Buyer, you will be responsible for planning and replenishing items based on sales history and forecasts to satisfy customer demand in the region. You will source the local’s favorite produce for our customers. You will have the opportunity to flex your negotiation and strategic planning skills to drive the growth and success of our produce category. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality produce and live better.
- Collaborate with Regional Merchandising Manager to drive purchase order strategies and achieve business objectives
- Analyze and Consider inventory levels and logistics progress to optimize the availability and safety stock levels while minimizing risk of stock out
- Develop the promotion plan and inventory flow accordingly by understanding the industry seasonal trend or vendors’ supplies
- Foster trust and relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services; managing local vendor performances
- Identify customer preferences and forecast customer trends; source for exciting produce products our customers will love
- Passion for produce and eagerness to learn more about the industry
- BS/BA in Business Analytics, Accounting, Supply Chain, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Procurement Planner, Purchasing Specialist, Logistics Coordinator, or similar role
- Must be able to act independently since the position is the main point of contact for order fulfillment with vendors.
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors
- Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Bilingual preferred (English and Chinese)
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $50,000-$65,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation element