Category Buyer-Indian Market
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
Work location: Fremont, California, United States (Mon-Fri onsite)
About the role
As a Category Buyer finding exciting Products for our Indian Market, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments for our customers that fit their preferences and tastes. It’s your job to effectively develop a suite of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touchpoints – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality products and live better.
You will be also responsible for planning and executing an assortment strategy for the Indian Category in order to help the Indian Market and Indian Category to grow and reach the revenue target and SKU count target each quarter and each year.
- Drives revenue growth and maximizes profitability through effective sales plans, pricing, and promotions
- Manages vendor relationship and handle product availability to ensure a healthy fill rates to retain customers and support new growth
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- Uses data to make data-driven decisions on assortment strategy and execution
- Sets up correct keywords/ titles for products under your ownership that reflect different dialects and nuances in the Vietnamese culture
- Work with cross-functional teams (i.e. Data, Search, Product Ranking, Product Growth, Merchandising, Marketing & Category Owners, etc) on SKU ranking and display on the Vietnamese storefronts to provide our customers with a best-in-class customer shopping experience and drive new customer acquisition and retention.
- You are an absolute foodie and you are always on your radar for new and exciting products
- Deep understanding of the Vietnamese culture and food across the Vietnam country/ regions and the Vietnamese community in the US
- 1+ year of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
- Industry background required
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Deep understanding of price points and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480 - 85,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers