Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
Our company is searching for a detail-oriented and qualified Tax Manager to prepare our business tax. As a Tax Manager, your goal will be to recommend effective tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company’s financial well-being. Your responsibilities will include preparing tax returns, analyzing tax regulations, monitoring industry trends, and completing tax reports.
To excel in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures and time management skills, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets strict deadlines. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate keen attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annually sales tax, business tax, income tax and other applicable tax returns, necessary documents and reports to multiple states
- Ability to negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Coordinate with consultants for tax review and solutions to difficult tax issues
- Coordinate tax audits by various taxation authorities and provide support during annual audits
- Coordinates with IT department for any tax rate and classification updates
- Serves as the main contact for all tax related issues
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax records
- Evaluate tax regulations and recommend strategies and policies that reduce tax burden and increase profit
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes
- Other Finance projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Tax Manager or similar role, strongly preferable in retail industry
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting software
- Strong attention to detail with excellent reconciliation and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player and be willing to work over-time (including weekends) when necessary
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $135,000 - $155,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers