HR Generalist (Contract)
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
- Manage the employee life cycle from on-boarding to off-boarding
- Support implementation of corporate-wide policies, procedures, systems, and initiatives
- Provide coaching, direction, and counsel to all levels of employees to proactively anticipate, prevent, and resolve a wide area of HR issues; escalate and support the cases as needed with HR Leadership
- Program management in areas including annual performance and compensation review, legal and compliance review, process buildup and improvement etc.
- Provide individual and group training on a variety of HR tools, policies, procedures, and topics as required
- Answer and assist regional management and teams with general HR questions and requests
- Assist with payroll cycle reports and ad hoc HR reports
- Champion employee engagement activities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years managing day to day HR administration
- Self-starting, scrappy and resourceful work ethics
- Experience and proficiency in Excel and Google Suites
- Extremely strong attention to details
- Can think on your feet but have enough humility to ask questions
- Interested in stretching out to cover wider range HR projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines and want to grow
- For Contract role only-Bilingual preferred but not required (English and Mandarin)
$30 - $35 per hour