Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
As a Logistics Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the efficient, safe and effective operations of a delivery site . You will be responsible for coordinating, managing, and optimizing the processes related to routing, loading, and dispatching drivers to ensure timely and accurate on time delivery to our customers. Your leadership will be crucial in maintaining high standards of operational excellence, team performance, and customer satisfaction.
Lead, manage, and motivate a team of 150 delivery drivers, supervisors, and coordinators.
Create and enforce operational processes and procedures to ensure smooth and consistent delivery operations.
Monitor and track daily delivery schedules, ensuring that all deliveries are fulfilled within set timeframes.
Coordinate and prioritize delivery routes to optimize efficiency and minimize delivery times.
Collaborate with transportation partners, vendors, and suppliers to manage inbound and outbound deliveries.
Resolve delivery-related issues, such as address discrepancies, missing items, and delivery failures.
Safety and Compliance:
Ensure that all safety regulations, guidelines, and protocols are followed by the delivery team.
Implement and enforce safety training and best practices for handling deliveries, especially for delicate items.
- Manage key operating performance indicators (such as on-time delivery, overtime, loading rates, etc.)
Manage performance to budget and meet financial goals.
Provide coaching, training, and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills, knowledge, and overall performance.
Foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork, collaboration, and continuous learning.
Lead and inspire our dynamic workforce, fostering engagement, motivation, and collaboration while efficiently coordinating all aspects of the operations.
Maintain effective communication channels with internal stakeholders, including the Last Mile Leadership team, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Product teams.
Communicate changes in delivery schedules, operational updates, and other relevant information to the delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience managing a team of at least 125 employees.
- Experience managing a team of 3-5 supervisors.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Excel, Google Suite and ability to handle large amounts of data, creating pivot tables, data visualization and make informed decisions
- Ability to survive in a startup environment
- Ability to Travel up to 30% to different warehouses within the same region as required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to get hands dirty and deliver if needed
- Ability to stand for long hours
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Skill of Speaking Mandarin, Preferred
- Complete health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Bi-annual performance bonus
- Attractive 401K Matching
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit and phone reimbursement
- Great growth opportunity and relocation opportunity
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is starting $80,000-100,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.