Project Assistant Intern
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the Role
We are actively seeking Project Assistant Intern who demonstrates an interest in improving process, solving technical/complex problems, thrive in a fast paced and ever evolving environment, and possess a strong aspiration to build a career in Distribution, Supply Chain, and Logistics.
- Utilize school knowledge of Industrial Engineering and/or engineering related discipline to different projects
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve processes across the company utilizing engineering and project management skills to identify opportunities, propose solutions, design systems, and demonstrate financial impact.
- Participate in design meetings and brainstorming sessions and capturing meeting notes for distribution to the team.
- Document process design and standardization.
- Perform industry research to identify new technology and propose automation solutions for our warehouses.
- Pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering).
- Knowledge of warehouse design and basic MHE preferred.
- Excellent communication skill in writing and speaking
- Microsoft word, excel, power point and Auto-cad experience required.
- 40 hour Full-time Intern is preferred
- Start date: January 2024
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $20 - $25
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers