Associate General Manager
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
• Oversee Category Managers development and execution of category strategy, including
product selection, allocation, approval of marketing materials, and execution of pricing strategies
in support of sales and profit
• Analyze promotional strategy and leverage product/consumer trends and historical data across
all categories, to effectively support business strategies
• Work with Category Managers to find exciting and unique Vietnamese products • Develop
plans to maximize sales and traffic during holidays and other relevant promotional periods
• Demonstrate understanding of the customer perspective through business decisions that drive
loyalty in varying customer segments
• Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for expansion initiatives and execute on them in
partnership with the Vietnamese marketing team
• Push the boundaries regarding how we think about the most cost-efficient strategies for user
• Plan and launch the go-to-market strategy for key products
• Think through marketing initiatives that will help upscale locally and nationally
Job Requirements: Job entails working with and requires master’s degree in Business
Administration, Corporate management/ communication or relevant with Candidate must have 1-
year professional experience in:
• Project Management
• Marketing Planning
• Event Marketing (Online & Offline)
• Cross-functional team collaboration to create efficiencies that drive business results
• In depth understanding of the Vietnamese culture/ people in order to create and
implement a go-to-market strategy targeting Vietnamese American in the US.
• Multi-stakeholder relations
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Employer
will accept a bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in one of the requisite fields followed by 6
years of experience in the position of marketing manager, operations manager or related.
Work Time: M-F; 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. 40 hrs./week.
Salary: $ 165,464 per annum