User Experience Designer
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
Job Opening: User Experience Designer
- Work alongside researchers and product managers to identify user groups and carry out interviews or other types of inquiry to help understand user needs
- Execute all visual design stages of the user experience – from concept to final hand-off. Ensure the successful delivery of pixel perfect designs to engineering and collaborate with engineers to iterate designs for successful implementation.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes of screens, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideals.
- Apply design principles, user-centered design, and design thinking to deliver innovative and effective solutions.
- Drive and refine design language and add to design systems to continuously enhance the quality of the user interface and the experience of the digital applications.
- Develop a design workflow to take advantage of user research, analytics, and client feedback.
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency of websites and apps via the use of style guides and enforcement of established standards and best practices.
Job Requirements: Job entails working with and requires master’s degree in industrial design, Graphic Design or relevant with Candidate must have 1 year professional experience in:
Research: Usability Testing, User-Interviews, Survey, Contextual Inquiry
Prototyping & Frameworks: UX Wireframes, Interactive UX Prototypes, Concept Sketches, Personas, Journey Maps
Software: Figma, UserTesting.com, Dovetail, InDesign
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Employer will accept a bachelor degree (or foreign equivalent) in one of the requisite fields followed by 6 years of experience in the position of User experience designer, researcher, analyst or related.
Work Time: M-F; 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. 40 hrs./week.
Salary: $ 93226 per annum.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers